14 May 2007

Happy Mother's Day





Hello all, and happy mother's day. It's Monday here, and mother's day is a yesterday memory, but there in the US, It's been Mother's Day today. Happy mother's day to those women with children, those women who mothered other women's children, and those men who have taken on maternal responsibilities. And, although it's likely preachy, a quick reminder that mother's day was started to remind everyone that peace is better than war, and that women everywhere wish peace for all the children in the world.

Here are pictures from our mother's day--the most spectacular breakfast (made by Rob with some help from the kids) and then a lovely walk through the bush to Butterfly creek. And here, the mother's day speech Naomi wrote for me. Almost worth all the diapers...


To a spectacular Mum.

Hi!!! I would just like to say a few things. First I would like to wish mom a happy mothers day (Happy Mothers Day Mom!!!!!!!) I would also like to congratulate you on getting through a decade of the hard work it takes to have kids. This will be your 5th or 6th mothers day for Aidan. I guess that is also important. Even if that is important, a decade is even more important (to me anyway). The reason a decade of motherhood is very important, is because it means you have survived the screaming and crying, eating and playing of little kids, then the quarreling of siblings that is now part of your every-day life. I am very pleased that I can say that this mothers day is the day after you buy the house of your dreams. I am sure that with the work, it will be a beautiful house, just like you always tell me it will be.

This will be your first mothers day in NZ, and I think it will be a good one. NZ is a beautiful place. It has very beautiful things to look at, with the hills and the ocean so close by to where we live, and are moving. It is great with the cows, sheep, and horses grazing in paddocks all over the place. It is great. Thank you for deciding that this would be the place to live. Thank you for the good things you have done for me lately.

Happy mothers day again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh beautiful! Sometimes kids just stop the clock!

Happy Mothering to you too Jennifer. Mothers Day is celebrated here in March on the Sunday closest to the Vernal Equinox - first day of Spring. I love the ancient symbolism of the death-rebirth cycle in which we are all lovingly held.

This has certainly been a year of new creations and nest building for you dear Jennifer. We all celebrate your arrivals.

With love.