20 November 2007

Blissed out in Bangkok





So it was another fantastic day in Bangkok. The seminar went well and I was awed and amazed at the quality of questions the people asked, by their stature (many seriously impressive people, including the monk at the wat where I'll go tomorrow), by their warmth. Then Aeh and I went to another wat, perhaps more spectacular than any others I've seen. After the wat, it was time to visit a night bazaar, although it wasn’t yet night. Our goal was to get me home and in bed really early because it’s an early morning start tomorrow. Ahhh, but the shopping was astonishing—unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. So we stayed there for hours, listening to the rain pour outside, feeling it leak through the roof and splash on the Thai silk scarves and shirts and skirts. Tomorrow we’re off to the wat in the north, so I’ll be quiet for the next couple of days and then have quite a lot to say about a whole other piece of Thailand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a delight catching up with your news in all its infinite variety. Love and hugs,
Patsy