22 September 2008

House beautiful





Just for the record, the house is very nearly finished now. There are un-done pockets--the mantle needs restoration, some of the skirting isn't affixed, the stairwell floor needs to be finished. But mostly, the house is done, as highlighted by the fact that the scaffolding came down on Saturday. And now, instead of living in a construction zone with a beautiful view, I seem to be living in paradise. Shocking.

There is so much to write about here--about my first opera in Sydney last week, my time with the fantastic folks there, and the time I had with myself. There are things to consider as I think about myself as a writer and wonder what writing I should be doing right now. There are preparations for the trip to the US at the end of this week.

And so, when there are so many things to write about, there is nearly no time. I am a commuter this week--with train and plane rides galore--so this silence won't continue for long. And until then, you can look at the view.

No comments: