06 June 2009

Scenes from a winter birthday






The cold snap continues. I sit in front of the fire swathed in merino, fleece, and occasionally cashmere. I work proposals at NZCER and with Keith, I plug away at my book (about which the publisher is asking) and play Pictionary with the kids. I work in my writing shed (but do not write there enough) and negotiate chores with the children. I am too busy, working too much, but loving it all the same. Note to self: it takes about 2.5 years in a new place to achieve the same kind of over-the-top busyness of the place I've left behind to get away from it. I bet in a US city, that time would be cut by 75%.

So no stories today but pictures from the Queen's Birthday (observed). Sunset and rainbows at the end of the day, cake and cupcake decorating, cake delivery at the party and me, after the party, overcome with delight about the present Melissa gave me (her band's CD--to check them out, click here) while wearing the fantastic scarf J and A gave me. Not a bad beginning to the last year of an era for me...

No comments: