16 March 2014

After the storm...




The star of my day: a platypus
little blue penguins
Michael says that you'll worry about me when you read my last blog. I don't want that. There are good days and bad days, and last night was pretty miserable. I figure that's ok and that big storms often clear the air and make the sunshine more brilliant. I should be clear with all of you that mostly I don't dip into despair--last night was unusually miserable for me.

Today, in contrast, was a shimmering delight. The platypus came out to swim, the little blue penguins were very little and very blue, and the Great Barrier Reef display was awe inspiring. I found a necklace that reminded me of my new and improved chemo metaphor and, in an unlikely turn of events, bought it for myself. I had dinner with a friend after discovering we were both visiting Sydney at the same time (in hotels right next door to one another). And then I came home to find that from my window, I could see fireworks over the Harbour. A day filled with blessings.

2 comments:

Toya Lorch said...

Hi Jennifer,

Greetings from Brazil. I just received an email from Carolyn. I don't have the habit of reading newsletters so I didn't known about your cancer.
I just finished to read all your postings. It doesn't matter how many times I read again and again what you write: I keep learning from you. In your book I've developed myself through your thinking and in your blog I am developing myself through your feelings. I loved seeing the pictures because they reminded me of our days in San Francisco. I will keep following you... Cheers, Toya

Sue said...

Hi Jennifer
It's Sue, Nickolas's friend from Sydney.... I was part of your lovely group at the Gen conference last year.I just want to wish you well with your treatment... I went down a similar road a few years ago and would love to catch up if you are still in Sydney.I'm admiring your ability to put your thoughts and feelings into such beautiful words. Best wishes Sue