15 February 2008

Bits and pieces




Ahh, there are many things to be said about this week, about the work I did at NZCER, about our worries about whether this house will ever sell, about how lovely it is to have Carolyn and the kids here. There is this funny echo in her arrival and her kids' first day of school at this time of year that shows me myself at this time last year. There are serious things to learn in that. But tonight, with all the children over at Carolyn's and all of us heading to a Pasifika festival tomorrow, there's just cleaning and cleaning for a showing.

Here are the pictures of the first fully periwinkle wall of the new house, and--even better--the new kitchen (semi-installed). The house is coming along, and suddenly I think that maybe it's my actual dream house--all the walls painted the colours I want, all of the cabinets where I want them, all of the appliances big enough to keep a household constantly filled with people eating and happy. This is not such a bad life...

(pictures today: the periwinkle back of the house, and the kitchen emerging: empty shell with Michael and Eddie, cabinets stacked in the lounge, the cabinets partially-installed in the kitchen)

No comments: