13 February 2008

For Jim




A day of arrivals! Today my friend Carolyn and her three kids arrived from the US for a 4 month sabbatical. Her husband Jim (for whom these pics are posted) will follow in a couple of weeks.
And the kitchen arrived, too, although it doesn't get installed until (hopefully) tomorrow.
With all these arrivals, I'm a happy camper, but with five kids at dinner (three of them bundles of energy from 30 hours traveling), I'm tired!

(pics today are of the walk to Carolyn's rented house from ours and the new cabinets stacked in the lounge)

1 comment:

Jim, Carolyn, Abby, Becky, and David said...

Tears immediately came to my eyes when I saw the pictures. I was so happy and sad. Happy because everyone is safe and my kids are starting on an unforgettable and life changing adventure. Sad because I miss them all so much. I wish I were there already. It is so hard to "see" a place when you haven't been there before. I felt the surge of emotion, too, because my progeny in situ proves that it all exists for them and will for me shortly. You haven't faked my kids in the picture, have you? It is also nice to see them immediately a part of the community because of your wonderful kids Jennifer, thank you. It doesn't help that it is 35 degrees and raining cats and dogs. It's nasty out! This is generally the worst time of the year. Piles of work for everyone, no sun for days at a time, and, now, I miss my family a lot.

Love you guys!!!!